QlikView for Developers Cookbook builds on your initial training and experiences with QlikView to help you become a better developer. This book features plenty of hands-on examples of many challenging functions.
Assuming a basic understanding of QlikView development, this book provides a range of step-by-step exercises to teach you different subjects to help build your QlikView developer expertise.
From advanced charting and layout to set analysis; from advanced aggregations through to scripting, performance, and security, this book will cover all the areas that you need to know about.
The recipes in this book will give you a lot of the information that you need to become an excellent QlikView developer.
Some of the things that you will learn:
- Use QlikView charts to create more advanced visualizations
- Layout your screen and use different color schemes
- Get to grips with set analysis
- Use Total and AGGR for advanced aggregations
- Use macros to perform advanced tasks
- Overcome data modelling challenges
- Use some of the most useful functions in QlikView
- Write great script
- Improve the performance of your application
- Secure your application
The recipes in this Cookbook provide a concise yet practical guide on how to become an excellent QlikView developer. The book begins with intermediate level recipes and then moves on to more complex recipes in an incremental manner.
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who has either attended QlikView Developer training or has taught themselves QlikView from books or online sources. You might be working for a QlikView customer, partner, or even QlikView themselves (or want to!) and want to improve your QlikView skills.